- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
- BIG MISTAKE: PSG “KEMPA WINNER” in Flensburg was “irregular”
- Jannik Kohlbacher to Rhein Neckar Lowen
“DANKE DAGUR”: Standing ovations for Sigurdsson!
- Updated: 6. February 2017.
“Danke Dagur” was highlight of All Star match of DKB Bundesliga in Leipzig, where 7.000 fans enjoyed gala night og German handball.
The Icelandic coach Dagur Sigurdsson got standing ovations from 7.000 fans, but also all the players, his successor Christian Prokop and all DHB people, for all what he did in 28 months on German NT bench.
Sigurdsson came in 2014 before Qatar 2015 and began fantastic campaign with German team, who lost place on handball world’s map without playing at Men’s EHF EURO 2014 and losing Play-Off for World Championship 2015.
After sixth place in Qatar (Germany got wild-card), European gold and Olympic bronze came as TOP of Sigurdsson’s knowledge with completely reconstructed roster. Even early elimination at World Championship 2017, where Germany were defeated against Qatar in eighth-finals, couldn’t ruine image of his campaign…