- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
- BIG MISTAKE: PSG “KEMPA WINNER” in Flensburg was “irregular”
- Jannik Kohlbacher to Rhein Neckar Lowen
Fines for brothers Karabatic and five more players for betting-scandal
- Updated: 2. February 2017.
Three days after leading France to a sixth world handball championship team captain Nikola Karabatic, his brother Luka, but also few other Montpellier’s players from 2012, were given two-month suspended sentences for their key role in a betting scandal.
Bets totalling 100,000 euros were placed that Montpellier would be losing at half-time of a match played May 12, 2012, against Cesson Rennes, a substantial part of the sum being placed by Luka’s girlfriend Jennifer Priez.
Most of the 16 people involved in the nefarious scheme were handed fines of around 10,000 euros at the first sentencing in 2015 and Wednesday’s proceeding was an appeal by Nikola.
While Luka and Priez had admitted gambling, elder brother Nikola denied all charges.
Mladen BOJINOVIC : 20.000€, 4 months suspended sentence
Dragan GAJIC : 20.000€, 2 months suspended sentence
Luka KARABATIC : 10.000€, 2 months suspended sentence
Nikola KARABATIC : 10.000€, 2 months suspended sentence
Samuel HONRUBIA : 15.000€, 2 months suspended sentence
Primoz PROST : 10.000€, 2 months suspended sentence
Issam TEJ : 20.000€, 2 months suspended sentence