- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
- BIG MISTAKE: PSG “KEMPA WINNER” in Flensburg was “irregular”
- Jannik Kohlbacher to Rhein Neckar Lowen
Golden Era of Claude onesta – 15 years, 13 medals!
- Updated: 27. September 2016.
The Era of Claude Onesta in French handball coming to an end! After 15 years and many, many fantastic results, one of the all-time most succesful handball coaches will give a baton to his “student” Didier Dinart.
Onesta, who succeed Daniel Constantini after WCh 2001, won 12 medals at major handball events (WCh, EURO events and Olympic Games) with silver at Mediteranean Games – 13 in total. Truly amazing!
Here is the list…
- Olympic Games
- 5e place in Athens, 2004
- Gold medal in Beijing, 2008
- Gold medal in London, 2012
- Silver medal in Rio, 2016
- World Championships
- Bronze medal in Portugal, 2003
- Bronze medal in Tunisia, 2005
- 4e place in Germany, 2007
- Gold medal in Croatia, 2009
- Gold medal in Sweden, 2011
- 6e place in Spain, 2013
- Gold medal in Qatar, 2015
- European Championships
- 6e place at EHF EURO 2002 in Sweden
- 6e place at EHF EURO 2002 in Slovenia
- Gold medal at EHF EURO 2016 in Switzerland
- Bronze medal at EHF EURO 2008 in Denmark
- Gold medal at EHF EURO 2010 in Austria
- 11e place at EHF EURO 2012 in Serbia
- Gold medal at EHF EURO 2014 in Denmark
- 5e place at EHF EURO 2016 in France
- Mediteranean Games
- Silver medal in Pescara, 2009