- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- KIF Kolding in big troubles: Players five months without salaries!
- EHF CL TOP 10 SCORERS: Csaszar leader, but Ilic-Gensheimer-Lazarov to decide
- HC Tatran Presov statement about “unfair and corrupted defeat” in Povazska Bistrica
- EHF CL TOP 16: German and French derby time at the end of March!
- CSM Bucharest via FTC to Final4? Derby Buducnost VS Larvik
- BSV Bjerringbro Silkeborg take the last train for TOP 16!
- HORRIBLE DAY FOR KIEL: PSG smash Zebras 42:24
- Lino Cervar to leave Macedonia because Croatia!
- Kielce beat Meshkov Brest for French challenge at TOP 16
- Veszprem beat Flensburg to win third place in Group A
KIF Kolding in big troubles: Players five months without salaries!
- Updated: 14. March 2017.
The home defeat against Hungarian Tatabanya 26:29 put Danish KIF Kolding Copenhagen on the edge of elimination at Men’s EHF Cup Group Stage. With three points from four matches, team led by Spanish coach Antonio Carlos Ortega, are far away from quarter-finals, behind SC Magdeburg (7) and Tatabanya (6), but it looks that Danes have much bigger problems around 40x20m court – the financial one.
According to TV3 Sport, several players said should not have been paid for several months.
– Some of the foreign players in KIF Kolding Copenhagen have not been paid for up to five months, while others of the Danes still have up to two months – said sources of TV3 Sport.
– It is unfortunately the way it is here, it is one of the challenges we have. It is not the first time that we have such a large deficit, but of course it is my and everyone’s ambition that we also make black figures on the bottom, says KIF sports director Lasse Boesen to TV3 Sport.
Club is blacklisted by Danish Handball Federation so won’t be able to sign new contracts before financial troubles is resolved.