- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- Tunisia seek a new NT head-coach
- SMALL HUNGARIAN DERBY: Telekom Veszprem win in Tatabanya
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
Read about TOP 5 handball moments of the week
- Updated: 26. September 2016.
Here are the TOP 5 most interesting things in the week behind us…
„No Onesta NO party?“
Question which asking global handball community surprised with decision that Claude Onesta leave the position of the French national team coach before World Championship 2017 in France. Was tournament on home soil the way to show gratitude for the coach who brought a lot of joy and great results to French handball since 2001 when he replaced legendary Constantini? However, the new beginning, the new era is ready under „bad boy“ Dinart helped with his team-mate from the same golden generation Guillaume Gille.
SG Flensburg start Kentin Mahe was twice in headlines in previous week. Firstly, after spectacular defensive action in match against Rhein Neckar Lowen, and afterward, as guy who didn’t let Telekom Veszprem to take both points from „FLENS Arena“ in the opener of the VELUX EHF Champions League. The „Flying Frenchman“…
YOUNG GUN – MACEDONIAN
The 20-years old left back of RK Metalurg, Filip Taleski, netted 13 of 18 goals for his team in the win over Norwegian Elverum HK 18:17 at the start of the VELUX EHF Champions League. His winning shot only few seconds before the end was a perfect conclusion of the great match for him and something positive for the whole Macedonian handball which are in slight depression after Lazarov’s generation didn’t achieve the dream of the whole country – placement at Olympic Games in Rio.
„Where have you been, Zeitzi?“
He was one of the biggest missed targets in the history of Hungarian Telekom Veszprem. Christian Zeitz spent two years in Hungary struggling to find a form, health, but most of all – himself. The 36-years old came back to Kiel, where he already played 11 years, as third option on right back position, and these 10 minutes will be remembered by Paris Saint Germain guys. Zeitz netted four decisive goals and pushed his team toward win over big rival.
YOU LEAVE WHEN YOU ARE THE BEST…
Henrik Groener won’t lead fantastic Dutch handball girls after January 1, 2017. Coach who made the biggest results in the history of handball in Netherlands, decide to let some others to lead fantastic generation with Groot and Co. to Tokyo 2020. Behind him is World Championship 2015 final and Olympic Games semi-final. Amazing achievements…