- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
- BIG MISTAKE: PSG “KEMPA WINNER” in Flensburg was “irregular”
- Jannik Kohlbacher to Rhein Neckar Lowen
Cristina Neagu defends ALKALOID FEMALE WORLD HANDBALL PLAYER 2016 title!
- Updated: 11. January 2017.
Handball-Planet.com is proud to announce the results of our traditional Contest for the ALKALOID FEMALE WORLD HANDBALL PLAYER 2016. For the second year in a row, Romanian left back and ZRK Buducnost Podgorica superstar Cristina Neagu has got the highest number of points based on cumulative votes of 20 members of the international jury of handball journalists and visitors of our website. Her outstanding class and performance during 2016 were the best recommendation for this prestigious award in very interesting race with Norwegian girls Nora Mork and Heidi Loke.
The 28 years-old Cristina Neagu extended her domination and came closer to Heidi Loke (three times winner 2011, 2013 and 2014). Zsuzsanna Tomori won award in 2012.
In three weeks of voting, all of 32 nominated players have got amazing support by the handball community. Handball lovers voted (35.459) for their favorite players in eight categories.
Handball-Planet team want to thank all media, teams, TOP players, coaches and handball fans worldwide for making our project so big this year!
ALKALOID AD SKOPJE – PREMIUM PARTNER
This year the official name of the Contest will be ALKALOID FEMALE WORLD HANDBALL PLAYER 2016 as we joined our forces with one of the biggest brands in operating in the field of manufacturing drugs, cosmetic and chemical products and processing botanical raw materials– ALKALOID AD Skopje (Macedonia), who became a premium partner of the whole project.