Since midnight the voting process for the newly installed IHF Athletes’ Commission has started. Until Tuesday, 10 December 23.59 CET all players, who participated in the Men’s 2013 Men’s World Championship in Spain or participate in the current Women’s World Championship in Serbia are eligible to cast their votes for the 17 players who candidate for the IHF Athletes’ Commission.
The Athletes’ Commission will be composed of five members with at least two members from each gender. The Chairman or Chairwoman of this new Commission will be full member of the IHF Council. The IHF Athletes’ Commission shall establish a link between athletes and the IHF.
All National Federation, which took part in the Men’s 2013 World Championship received access codes for their players, all female players participating in Serbia had received their access codes on-site. Each male or female players has up to five votes.
The following players candidate for the new IHF Athletes’ Commission (in alphabetical order):
- Karoline Dyhre Breivang (Norway)
- Gonzalo Mathias Carou (Argentina)
- Domagoj Duvnjak (Croatia)
- Jerome Fernandez (France)
- Gergely Harsanyi (Hungary)
- Tobias Karlsson (Sweden)
- Kathy Kent (Australia)
- Domink Klein (Germany)
- Andres Kogovsek (Argentina)
- Marcelina Kiala (Angola)
- Heykel Megannem (Tunisia)
- Mohamed Nakib Bakir (Egypt)
- Alexandra do Nascimento (Brazil)
- Karel Nocar (Cezch Republic)
- Albert Rocas Comas (Spain)
- Nemanja Subotic (Australia)
- Clara Woltering (Germany)
The elected members of the IHF Athletes’ Commission will be announced on the final weekend of the 2013 Women’s World Championship in Serbia. The candidate who wins the largest number of votes will be the chairperson of the Athletes’ Commission.
Below you may download the entire list of the candidates, including their motives: