After the applicants for the 2014 Women’s European Championship and the only candidate for the 2013 Women’s 17 European Championship withdrew their bids prior to the allocation of the event, the 2010 EHF Congress in Copenhagen decided that the event shall be newly announced.
The EHF therefore approached its Member Federations with regard of the organisation of the tournaments. Those that intend to apply for the 2014 Women’s European Championship need to submit their letter of intent by 28 October 2010 at the latest. Member Federations that intend to apply for the 2013 Women’s 17 European Championship need to submit their letter of intent by 10 November 2010 at the latest.
2014 Women’s European Championship
Four to five host cities are invited to host the highlight event of women’s handball in 2014. The host cities and the host federations are invited to create a “tailor made” event showing the special tradition and features of the host country.
After an evaluation of the bids and the respective site visits, the EHF Executive Committee will allocate the event at its meeting on 8/9 April 2011. The EHF officially announces the organisation right for the Women’s EHF Euro 2014 and refers to the following time schedule:
- 28 September 2010: New announcement of the organization right, invitation to provide a letter of intent to the EHF
- Until 28 October 2010: Submission of the letter of intent to the EHF and request for the bidding documents by the interested federations
- Upon receipt of letter of intent: Dispatch of the Manual for Staging the EHF Euros 2014 together with the relevant specifications and forms by the EHF
- 28 January 2011: Presentation of bids to the EHF Office
- January/February 2011: Site visits
- February/March 2011: Evaluation of bids by the EHF
- 8/9 April 2011: Awarding of the event by EHF ExeC
- Playing period: 9 to 21 December 2014