- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- Tunisia seek a new NT head-coach
- SMALL HUNGARIAN DERBY: Telekom Veszprem win in Tatabanya
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
Ortega’s Japan with only two players with European experience
- Updated: 6. January 2017.
Antonio Carlos Ortega made a great job with qualification for the World Championship 2017 in France with Japanese team. The Asian squad consisted of only two players from European teams, will try to give a good resistance to the favorites in Group A, but also to gather worthy experience at the start of the Olympic cycle which will be concluded with tournament on home soil in Tokyo in 2020.
Japan will begin the 2017 World Championship against Russia, on January 12th at Nantes’ Hall XXL, where they will play their four other group A games. Japan will face the host nation, France, on January 13th, and will then play against Brazil (January 15th), Poland (January 17th) and finally Norway (January 19th).
The list of 19
Goalkeepers : Masatake Kimura (Osaki Electric), Akihito Kai (Toyota Auto Body), Takayuki Shimuzu (Wakunaga Phamaceutical)
Field players : Goki Koshio (Toyoda Gosei), Rémi Feutrier (Chambéry), Hiroki Shida (Osaki Electric), Toru Takeda (Toyoda Gosei), Kohei Narita (Wakunaga Phamaceutical), Kento Uegaki (Osaki Electric), Yuto Agarie (Daido Steel), Atsushi Mekaru (Angel Ximenez), Kairi Kochi (Toyota Auto Body), Shinnosuke Tokuda (University of Tsukuba), Jin Watanabe (Toyota Auto Body), Hiroki Motoki (Osaki Electric), Takashi Kato (Daido Steel), Jun Mori (Osaki Electric), Daichi Komuro (Osaki Electric), Hiroyasu Tamakawa (Kokushikan University)