Macedonian RK Vardar are unhappy with the judges in the second match of the VELUX EHF Champions League TOP 8 against SG Flensburg last weekend, which team from Skopje won 27:25, but that wasn’t enough to them to qualify for the F4 event in Cologne (first match 24:22 for Germans). RK Vardar’s president Sergey Samsonenko expressed his feelings about the match, refferes, gave some new ideas and praised home fans at the PRESS conference, on which VIDEO material of referees mistakes was presented:
– I want to extend my congratulations to the fans who gave support to the club in one voice, to thank them for the fair and correct winding , and I can proudly say that Skopje has the best fans in the world , that’s for sure. I want to thank KOMITI who gave us their tremendous support and showed how big they are. Many people expected accidents or to draw attention to another aspect , but our fans did not give them a chance for that and were the best in relation to any other game – said Samsonenko and spoke about referees couple:
– Another situation that I would like to comment is about the judges who were delegated for this match. I can not say who organized this arbitration, but I can surely say that the arbitration was unfair for us, I can not tell from where it comes so you do not think that these are empty words, you can see from the video – a complete analysis of how the arbitration was realized and I personally think that we didn’t have so bad arbitration this season. The recording that we want to send it to the European Handball Federation and the International European Federation as a protest, and we want to show that nothing was accidental but intended.
Russian boss is hardly dissapointed after all:
– It does not hurt us that we will not play in the F4, it hurts the fact that we fell away in an unsporty manner. When the whole team is working hard for one year, it invests funds and energy and at the end two people come and do criminal. It is a sin to do this in a city that has three clubs in the Champions League, in the city and country that are living for handball, in the club that has two teams in the Champions League and for the people who honestly show their love and support.
Samsonenko shared some new ideas…
– I have an initiative and we want to send a request and claim to the other European clubs. To inform some association, or authority, that will be independent, composed of experts, it may be composed of former judges, honest people who will inform the public and the federations in order to protect the clubs from intentionally unfair arbitration. At the same time they will help the judges, I know that they are people and that they make mistakes as well but over some period of time they would become an authoritative body. I would not know to tell you at this moment how this organization will work, but I am giving an idea.
Handball is in worst situation of all team’s sport in Europe, because of this kind of things…
– This is our initiative and this idea came to me. It is no secret that European handball is in worst situation, many clubs went bankrupt in Europe, Russia and the Balkans. When you invest in a club and referees cause a problem, then you do not want to invest anymore. Regardless of which club or country, experts must be from a different country. Just because we speak loudly we could have problems with EHF, but what should we do, should we keep silent? We stand for the truth and better progress for the handball in Europe and I would like EHF to help with this.
EHF as a partner…
– I think that EHF should be grateful that we are talking loud, if this is fair play then, let it be fair play . In this case it would be unfair of me to offend some people or an organization, I know that all of this was on purpose, who is to blame for it I can not say because I do not want to offend anyone. I expect EHF to make Commission and to consider the situation, because this is a bad way for all clubs in Europe. All clubs must be merged together and fight against this arbitration. The criteria must be equal for everyone, because today it happened to us, but in the future it might happen to someone else – concluded Samsonenko.