Hungarian MVM Veszprem decided to find a replacement for Antonio Carlos Ortega after over three years of successful work on the bench of reigning EHF CL vice-champions.
Here are the Ortega’s TOP 5 achievement with the team from Veszprem Arena in period 2012-2015:
– Veszprem won 10 of 10 domestic titles (three Championships, Cup trophies and four Super Cup titles)
– Veszprem finished among four best teams in Europe (EHF Champions League) two years in a row for the second time in club’s history (2002 & 2003)
– Veszprem have played the VELUX EHF CL Final for the second time in club’s history (first final was in 2003)
– Veszprem won SEHA GAZPROM league 2014/2015 with 19 wins and only one defeat.
– Veszprem played 47 matches at EHF CL with Ortega on the bench – with the score 35 wins – 3 draws – 9 defeats.
28. September 2015. at 13:24
It’s too much, who will the replace him with? He is one of the bedst trainers in the world, I feel so sorry for Weszprem, I hope they will be strong,because now they have too work harder when there comes a new trainer, they have to learn all his things, and this is a bad time now when the tournement has started.
I want Ortega back