Domagoj Duvnjak has got the huge support from the Handball-Planet.com Jury’s members during the Voting Contest for the World’s Best Player 2013. Some of them share their opinion about the fantastic 12 months of Croatian star from HSV Handball:
Duvnjak has a flawless ability to find the supporting player, the gap or the goal with consummate ease. He glides while other falter – said Tom Ó Brannagáin, EHF TV commentator, who witnessed Duvnjak’s brilliant weekend during EHF F4 in Cologne.
– Everytime Domagoj Duvjnak has stepped on a court this year, he’s been decisive, and there are many good examples: the World Championship quarter final against France, the semi final of the Champions League against Kiel…With a win in the Champions League and the MVP title of the final four, it has been an amazing year by the 24 years olf Croatian – added Nicolas Chardin from Handnews.fr,
Danish member of the Jury from the most popular Danish handball specialized media Hbold.dk, Patrick Andersson made comparation with Ivano Balic’s time:
– I think Duvnjak can be better ranked as handball player than his countryman Ivano Balic. Duvnjak have more skills than Balic in both ends on the pitch and if he continues his high level, he will be known as a better player than Balic and that’s say a lot about Domagoj Dunvjaks potential.
Our colleague from Spanish daily newspaper MARCA, Jorge Dargel Amigo had only nice words about future THW Kiel player:
– Domagoj Duvnjak deserves this award because he has become one of the most decisive and most complete players in the world. The Croatian playmarker is smart when his team needs him and take the responsibility when it´s necessary. It´s an exceptional outside shooter and his ability to penetrate the rivals defenses make him a great scorer, without forgetting his good qualities when he is defending. Other skill of this player is that he can play as central-back or left-back, so he offers so much versatility to their coaches – said Jorge and added:
– The great sporting moment ‘Domagol’ helped Hamburg reach their first Champions League Croatia and achieving bronze in the World Cup.
At the end, Zika Bogdanovic from Balkan-Handball.com just added:
– Bravo Dule! I am glad that three years in a row Handball-Planet.com give the award in the right hands. Nagy, Jicha, now Duvnjak. This was his year, definitely – concluded Bogdanovic.