One of the oldest active world’s champions in handball, Rubén Garabaya, will stay one more year in world of proffessional sport. The 39-years old line-player and defensive specialist agreed to extend contract with the Spanish Naturhouse La Rioja until summer 2018.
Garabaya was a part of the Spanish golden roster at World Championship 2005 in Tunisia, where team of Juan Carlos Pastor made a real surprise by beating “unbeatable” Croatia, in that time World and Olympic winner from 2003 and 2004.
Garabaya is a member of Naturhouse La Rioja since 2010.
- Caja España Ademar (1997 – 1999)
- Frigoríficos Cangas del Morrazo (1999 – 2001)
- BM Valladolid (2001 – 2007)
- FC Barcelona (2007 – 2010)
- Naturhouse La Rioja (2010- )