- IT’S TIME FOR YOU! Masters Handball World Cup in Omis (Croatia) in April-May 2017
- HANDBALL GUINNESS: Former Olympic champion Pavel Sukosyan between the posts at age 55!
- Bye, bye Rikke Skov
- Montpellier give lesson for PSG Handball in French Cup!
- SCANDI STYLE: Magnus Dahl to end career at age 29
- SEHA: Powerful RK Celje PL smash Tatran Presov at the end of regular season
- Meshkov Brest to sign Petar Djordjic?
- TOP 15: Johannes Sellin leads DKB Bundesliga TOP scorers
- 6 MONTHS WITHOUT HANDBALL: Ivan Sliskovic still struggling after mononucleosis
- BIG MISTAKE: PSG “KEMPA WINNER” in Flensburg was “irregular”
- Jannik Kohlbacher to Rhein Neckar Lowen
SUMMER 2017: Ljubomir Vranjes to overtake Veszprem and Hungary?
- Updated: 28. December 2016.
One of the best handball coaches, Ljubomir Vranjes, would take a double role in Hungarian handball, according Handball-Planet.com sources. The SG Flensburg Handewitt coach will replace Spaniard Xavi Sabate, who is currently in charge in Telekom Veszprem, but also Hungarian national team for the upcoming World Championship 2017 in France.
Speculation about Sabate’s departure aren’t something new as Veselin Vujovic has been seen to overtake his role in the middle of the season, but Federation’s interest was that Sabate stay on the club’s bench, at least, until the end of NT’s action in January.
However, it looks that Vranjes would be a more stabil solution, on which Hungarian handball could built a bright future. Investments in Hungarian handball are huge, clubs and Federation have no problem with money and that is fundamentally solid base that coach on the level of Vranjes could make more in years to come.