Among TOP 10 scorers of the VELUX EHF Champions League 2016/2017 before the quarter-final matches are only five active. Paris Saint Germain left wing Uwe Gensheimer is clear favorite to win the “golden ball” with 12 goals advantage ahead of Momir Ilic from Telekom Veszprem (84) and Zsolt Balogh, Jure Dolenec and Mikkel Hansen (75 each).
Gensheimer was TOP scorer of EHF CL in season 2010/2011 with 118 goals as captain of Rhein Neckar Lowen.
TOP 10 – goalscorers of EHF Champions League:
1. Gensheimer Uwe (GER) 96 Paris Saint-Germain Handball (FRA)
2. Csaszar Gabor (HUN) 84 Kadetten Schaffhausen (SUI)
Ilic Momir (SRB) 84 Telekom Veszprém (HUN)
4. Stojkovic Rastko (SRB) 81 HC Meshkov Brest (BLR)
5. Aguinagalde Akizu Julen (ESP) 78 KS Vive Tauron Kielce (POL)
6. Janc Blaz (SLO) 77 RK Celje Pivovarna Lasko (SLO)
7. Kristopans Dainis (LAT) 76 HC Meshkov Brest (BLR)
8. Balogh Zsolt (HUN) 75 MOL-Pick Szeged (HUN)
Dolenec Jure (SLO) 75 Montpellier HB (FRA)
Hansen Mikkel (DEN) 75 Paris Saint-Germain Handball (FRA)