SG Flensburg-Handewitt Playmaker Jim Gottfridsson has been elected “DKB MVP of the 2020/21 season”. The Swedish superstar played an outstanding season and received 34.8 percent of all votes cast in the fan voting.
There was no getting around Jim Gottfridsson. The 28-year-old has been one of the most important pillars in the SG game for years. But last season he put a lot of extra effort into it and completed by far his best season in the SG jersey, which he has been wearing since 2013. The director from Sweden has never scored so many goals (177). In addition, he distributed by far the most assists in the entire league (210). His hit rate of over 72 percent is outstanding for a backcourt player and underscores why the fans voted Jim Gottfridsson with a large margin for “DKB MVP 2020/21” and thus the best player in the LIQUI MOLY HBL of the past season.
The final result of the fan voting at a glance:
1. Jim Gottfridsson (SG Flensburg-Handewitt) 34.8% of all votes
2. Sander Sagosen (THW Kiel), 19.6% of all votes
3. Omar Ingi Magnusson (SC Magdeburg), 18.8% of all votes
4. Andreas Palicka (Rhein-Neckar Löwen), 10.1% of all votes
5. Niclas Ekberg (THW Kiel), 7.6% of all votes
6. Marcel Schiller (FRESH UP! Göppingen), 4.9% of all votes
7. Anton Lindskog (HSG Wetzlar), 4.2% of all votes